Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Heirloom Harvest Dinner: Part 2

I said I'd be back again tomorrow. Are you surprised I actually followed through?

The Decor
As I mentioned yesterday, Sunday was spent decorating the barn in prep for the dinner that evening. Because I attended the dinner, I only got a couple photos of the main event, but I did have an amazing opportunity to photograph the pre-dinner transformation.








The Food
Ten local chefs paired up (two chefs per course) to produce five unique courses made from locally-sourced foods with a focus on heirloom varieties.

The five-course dinner started behind the barn under a tent where guests were served a selection of hors d'oeuvres paired with local aperitifs including Throwback Brewery's Raspberry Wit made from Jean and Josh's raspberries.

We then moved into the barn were we were served the remaining four courses which ranged from Grilled Maine Sea Scallops to Muskmelon Gooseberry Gazpacho Shooters. The main course consisted of lamb prepared four different ways. My favorite of which was braised with, what I think was, some sort of red wine reduction. Throughout the meal, we enjoyed Flint Cornbread and Whole Wheat Sourdough Bread with Peach Butter and Herb-whipped Cultured Butter, both from Vermont Butter and Cheese. We ended the evening with a selection of small desserts including a Poached Reliance Peach with Mascarpone Sabayon. It was an amazing spread. As I type this, I know I'm not even beginning to do it justice.

We spent the joyful evening stuffing our faces and chatting it up with friends. Even now, it brings a big smile to my face. I feel really blessed to have been a part of the day.

You can learn more about the annual Heirloom Harvest Dinner here. You can see all my photos on the Seacoast Eat Local Flickr stream here. You can read Part 1 of this post here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...