Friday, September 30, 2011

Autumn at Terrain


I stopped by Terrain at Styer's yesterday. For those of you not familiar with Terrain, it's part of the Anthropologie brand. It's the first store of its kind by the style maven, and it's right here in Chester County Pennsylvania! I feel pretty lucky to have it so close by. For all you Anthro fanatics who live across the country (or across the world) here's a peak into what the shop is looking like now that Autumn is here.

Terrain is made up of a collection of buildings converted from rugged old barns. Or are they greenhouses? Yes, I was definitely in at least one greenhouse. I think. As I'm writing this, I'm realizing, although I've been there numerous times, I don't really know for sure if the greenhouses are actual greenhouse or just more barns with big windows. The place is sort of overwhelming because there is so much to look at and everything is so lovely. Be they barns or greenhouse, they each house a varied collection of plants, garden supplies, housewares, books - even a skin care line. The spaces are bright and airy, and I find myself relaxed and invigorated (with all the ideas I'm inspired by) at the same time.

The first thing that struck me was this grid of metal troughs (funnels? cake decorating tips?). Can't you just imagine flowers cascading over the edge of each one? It would create a spectacular wall of color.  Even without flowers it still looks super cool - creating a modern, edgy effect.


They have a lot of plants and shrubs on sale right now in prep for the changing season (always looking ahead to the next great thing.). I really love this Variegated False Holly. I'm not exactly sure why it's called "False" but assume it has something to do with the fact it's not technically a holly. Whatever the reason, it's lovely to look at. Very striking.


Then I wandered over to the sale corner in one of the green houses where I found this adorable little rabbit planter.



They also had a selection of dried wreaths for sale which made me regret throwing out all those lovely dried cones from my Echinacea a couple weeks ago. Next year I think I'll try to make a wreath with them (along with some other dried flowers and herbs).


I'm a big fan of succulents, so I was really drawn to this planter made out of, what looks like,  concrete with aggregate mixed in.


Eventually, I ended up in the main building that houses all the books, furniture, and decor-related items as well as the skin care line and, if you wander far enough, the cafe. There I found these adorable little velvet pumpkins. The stems are real, but the pumpkins are made out of soft velvet in a host or gorgeous fall colors. They felt like they were stuffed with buckwheat or something similar. Charming, don't you think?


One of my favorite sections of the main building, is this wall of succulents. I could have bought one of each. It's probably one of the largest succulent selections I've seen.


There was an entire section devoted to canning complete with Weck canning jars and several books to guide you on your quest to preserve all that garden bounty.



I also found these colorful strainers that I thought would really come in handy in the kitchen. They come in a pack of three - each color a different size. Perfect for straining loose tea.


I loved these colorful fall napkins - perfect for Thanksgiving.


And or course, I'm also mesmerized by Terrain's unique selection of natural wreaths. Aren't they gorgeous?


If you have a chance, stop by Terrain at Styer's. It's a lovely place to spend an hour or two...in any season!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Hey. I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger Award. Congrats.
http://tammydotts.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/blog-award-meme/

Jill Jennings said...

Yipppeee...How fun! Thanks Tammy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...