Saturday, June 24, 2006

Got Compost?

Several months ago I called my township inquiring about the
availablity of composting bins and was pleased to learn that
they offered them to residents for only four bucks a piece. There was only one catch - I had to take an hour-long class on composting. "Great!" I said. "Sign me up," which they did - TWO MONTHS LATER.

This week they finally called me about the composting class, which I went to at 10am this morning. We watched a cheezey video about composting that I estimate was made in the 80s. It was awesome. I learned all about composting from the video and this nice lady who explained some basics. I actually already knew most of the stuff they shared, but it was cool to be there. It made me feel like a part of my community. Then I paid my four dollars and got my super cool composting bin, which is mine to keep, I might add. Here's some photos Zach took of me setting it up.

2 comments:

Janis said...

Jill, you're awesome and I love you and miss you. Wish I could visit you and your compost bin! But I send hugs and happy faces instead :)

Jean said...

"...just at home? You mean you don't pocket compost?"
-Lisa's hippie activist crush on the Simpsons

I flippin' love that picture. that yard waste didn't stand a chance...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...