Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Refashion: yellow kimono-style top

I found this top at Goodwill a few months ago. It reminds me of a kimono. I really love the vibrant yellow fabric and the cut of the neckline.


However, I didn't really like the ridiculously long tie that wrapped around the back, essentially creating a large "butt bow."


I had to repair the zipper on the top too, so I did that first while pondering what to do about the oversized tie. Eventually, it became clear to me that there was only one solution to this tie dilemma - remove it. So I got out my scissors and cut it off. Well, most of it. I left some in the front and then tacked it to the side seams. This is what I ended up with:



1 comment:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

so cute!! much better without the bow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...