Friday, December 09, 2011

Around the Table: Pumpkin Parfait


I made these pumpkin parfaits (recipe from Simply Organic) the other night. The pumpkin puree was a little bitter, so I definitely had to add all the sugar (I usually cut sugar amounts in half when baking). This would also be a great addition to your kids' lunches (or your own!). Just package the puree and yogurt layered together in a sealable container and add the granola when ready to eat. Here's the recipe:

10 minute prep time
Serves 2 (I doubled it to make 4 parfaits)

1/2 c pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp milk (I used almond milk)
2 tsp sugar (possibly more - I can't believe I'm saying this)
6 oz low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/4 c granola

In a small bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, milk, and sugar. In parfait glasses or ramekins, layer the pumpkin mixture and yogurt. Sprinkle with granola.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...