Thursday, September 03, 2009

Heading to Sebastopal... Try to say that three times fast.

Thursday morning we checked out of the hotel, and I waited for Zach to finish up at the VMware conference. Luckily I was able to hang out in the lovely outdoor courtyard located in the center of the Marriott where we stayed. Then we headed over to Hertz to pick up our second rental car (a Corvette - yippee for specials!) and headed up north to wine country, Sebastopol to be specific.

For dinner, we found a fabulous little place called Starlight Wine Bar. The restaurant was actually a converted train car inside a large barn - super cool place. Our meal was fantastic. We each sampled three types of white wine. Zach had the most amazing Duck confit pizza with roasted onion, fontina cheese, and fresh herbs as well as, of course, mac & cheese. For starters, I had one of the best crab cakes I've ever eaten served with fennel apple slaw and creole mustard vinaigrette. For my main dish, I had Warm Beet and Arugula salad with Chevre Croquettes, pine nuts and 25-year aged sherry vinaigrette which was superbly complex and flavorful. I'm salivating while I'm writing this.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...