Tuesday, January 25, 2011

At Home: the couch!

Well, as you may have guessed, the couch arrived months ago. I know it was pretty annoying of me to build up all that excitement around it and then not show you pictures right after it arrived. Well, I hope you agree it was worth the wait. Before I reveal her in all her glory, here's one more reminder of what the old couch looked like...


Hey, where'd you go? Oh there you are - hiding behind your computer chair. I know. I know. She was a monster. At the time, this over-sized sectional seemed like a good idea. We ordered it from a local furniture store about five years ago. Each piece was sold separately, so we were able to choose whatever configuration we wanted as well as fabric color. You may have noticed she's got TWO chaises. This is because my hubby, in all his kindness, was convinced we needed two in order to guarantee that all our guests were comfy when they came over. The one part of that equation he forgot to consider is that we don't have people over that often, so most of the couch never got used. Gotta love the guy for his thoughtfulness though. About a year ago, we started to realized how overwhelming this piece of furniture was becoming and decided it was time for a change. I mentioned in this post that we sold the sectional to a lovely couple, which made me so happy to know it went to a good home. After all, it was the most comfortable couch in the world and had served us well, even if it had been too big for the space.

Now it was time to start the hunt for a replacement...enter this beauty...




Isn't she fabulous in all her mid-century beauty? We couldn't be happier about our choice. What do you think? I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...