Tuesday, February 08, 2011

At Home: It's curtains for you!

I was planning on making curtains for our bedroom but ended up at Ikea again. Sound familiar? Perhaps you're reminded of the duvet cover that I was going to make but ended up buying at Ikea. It seems like Ikea is zapping my sewing creativity. In reality, it's probably helping me to actually complete this bedroom. Knowing my tendency towards perfection which leads to procrastination, I don't think I'd ever get this room done if it WEREN'T for Ikea.

I ended up choosing the RITVA curtain panels in a lovely charcoal grey. I only bought one pair because I'm cheap I wanted to hang them on the outer side of each window so they would flank the bed. At first I hung them on the two separate curtain rods, but they looked ridiculous (sorry I forgot to take pictures.), so I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to go back and buy a second set. But then I found a bunch of curtain rods in the attic - score! I was able to take two rods and push them together to create one really long curtain rod. It made all the difference because it framed the entire wall and made the windows look like part of a larger picture, if you will.



I hung those little decorative cones (also from Ikea) to add some visual interest and to cover the connection point of the two curtain rods (clever, huh?). I'm not completely sold on them, but for now I like them well enough. I'm wondering if it would help if I put some flowers or herbs in them. What do you all think?



Next up, I need to figure out the artwork above the bed (notice I removed the Matisse print?). More on that soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...