Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Origami Box

I made this little origami box the other day out of an old map. I always like to save old atlases and folded maps. They're great for this kind of project. I followed this tutorial. It's very easy and can be adapted to different sizes as long as you start out with a perfect square. The heavier the paper, the sturdier your final box will be, so think about how you're planning to use the little guy before you select your paper.



I cut a piece of scrap mat board to fit and placed it in the bottom of the box to give it more structure and stability (and a little pop of color).


If you don't have mat board, you could use cardboard from one of the many boxes stacked on your stair landing, waiting to be put in the attic. Oh wait, that's me. Sorry. Well, I'm sure you have card board boxes lying around too. Or you could try using colorful card stock or even a photo printed on heavy-weight paper. The possibilities are really endless. You could use card stock or photo paper to make the box itself too.



These boxes are so easy and fun to make and can be used to hold all sorts of things, from note pads to candles and a million other things. If you make one of these, I'd love to see a photo.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...