Thursday, May 19, 2011

Work in Progress: Linocuts for Spring

I've been working on some new linocuts. So far I've only done one so I guess I should say "linocut," but I have plans for a whole series of spring flowers. The one pictured below is a forsythia branch. I just love forsythia with its vibrant yellow popping up all over the place in the spring, beckoning me to trespass on strangers' lawns to cut its branches and use them in fabulous floral arrangements in my house. But alas, my momma taught me not to trespass, so I just dream about such arrangements and sigh.


Several people online have talked about how fun and easy it is to sew paper, so tonight I decided to try my hand at it, and they're right. It is fun! And super easy! So far I've only sewn the card shown below (one of my linocuts), but I've got plans baby. Oh boy do I have plans. Maybe I'm overselling it. I've got a couple small ideas.


I've also been experimenting with handmade paper envelopes. I made the one shown below out of paper from an old font book.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Wow! Look at you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...