Tuesday, June 14, 2011

At Home: The Etsy prints are finally up!

You may remember the master bedroom used to look like this:



And then it looked like this:


And then this:


Well now it looks like this:


Yes, I finally decided what to hang above our bed.


I bought these adorable prints from a shop on Etsy called Bee Things. It's run by a husband and wife team and is filled with the hippest collection of animal and bird prints reminiscent of Charley Harper. I first fell in love with the terns, but then I saw the cute little owl hovering over the snowy barn. And then I saw shipping was free on the second item, and that sealed the deal.

When my two prints finally arrived, I pulled them out of their paper mailer and admired them for a while and then carefully slipped them back into their safe little cardboard home. I repeated this process every so often for quite a while until finally deciding it was time to order some frames. After carefully weighing my options (you must know by now, I'm a VERY slow decorator.), I decided I wanted a silver metal frame with no mat. I always choose to mat artwork, so this was a major departure for me. But I really liked the way they looked in just a frame in the sample photos on the Etsy site and decided there was enough negative space around them to go the sans mat route. So I sent away for a selection of silver frame samples from Graphik Dimensions, my favorite frame supply shop. Then I took some more time deciding on which silver frame looked the best. I finally selected a simple, slightly frosted version. I think they "terned" out great. Wow. Did I just type that?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...