Friday, June 10, 2011

Sewing Projects: Ruffled Shirt Refashion

It's time for another thrift store find refashion. I bought this shirt at Goodwill almost a year ago with the intension of refashioning the sleeves, and now I'm finally getting around to working on it. This is how it started out:


I really liked the collar but wasn't so excited about the three-quarter length sleeves. I wanted to shorten them so they hit just above the elbow. The cuffs had these adorable little fabric-covered buttons on them and I didn't want to lose that detail. I had to figure out a way to include them in the refashioned cuff, so I cut the cuffs off the bottom of the sleeve and then sewed them back on the newly shortened sleeve to get this:




And here's the final look:

4 comments:

Barbie said...

Wow! That looks so much nicer! I'm looking forward to our next Goodwill trip! When can we fit one in?

Jill Jennings said...

hmmm. let me check the calendar. :)

cwaycarter said...

Great work! I love what you did with the sleeve! -C.C.

ReFashion Statement

Jill Jennings said...

Thanks C.C.! I just checked out your refashions on your blog. Great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...