Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Time to make a birthday card

My dad's birthday is this week and I decided instead of just buying a card, it would be nice to make him a card. So I dug out my collection of decorative paper and other supplies and got crackin'.

I started by cutting out a print of a linocut I recently created of a forsythia branch.


I then cut out and folded my card stock using a bone folder to get a nice clean edge.


I then cut and glued some decorative paper onto my folded card. I've bought lots of different types and brands of glue over the years and have had mixed results. I've read a lot of positive comments on Coccoina glue so I figured I'd try it out. I'm not sure it's any better than other glue sticks (I'm still deciding), but it smells like almonds which is pretty great.



I glued the cut out forsythia print on top of the decorative paper and voila - done!





Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...